WHRV FM Info & Statistics
WHRO FM Info & Statistics
For More Information
Public Radio Listeners are Educated & Affluent Citizens
Public radio reaches one of the most educated and affluent audiences in radio. The median household income for listeners is over $78,000. Sixty-two (62%) have attained at least a bachelor’s degree, including 28% with a graduate or a professional school degree. Listeners are also distinguished by their mindset. They place a high value on creativity, curiosity, and social consciousness and have a strong attachment to nature and the environment. These beliefs are not just abstract ideals, but are manifest in the product and lifestyle choices made by the public media audience.
NPR WHRV FM 89.5 WHRV 89.5FM (89.5 HD1) is Eastern Virginia's NPR affiliate, presenting thoughtful public affairs programming during the day, and cutting edge alternative music and jazz in the evenings.That diversity in WHRV’s programming has drawn a growing number of loyal, over-the-air listeners – nearly 160,000 a week – and that doesn’t include those who listen online or through other distribution points! WHRV 89.5FM (89.5-1) offers an outstanding opportunity to capture a diverse, loyal, discriminating – and growing – audience that tunes in week after week.
Classical WHRO FM 90.3 is one of the premier classical music radio stations in the eastern United States, playing the world’s greatest music around the clock, seven days a week. In addition to its main over-the-air broadcast, the station is heard on digital radio 90.3-1, as well as streamed online at whro.org. An excellent opportunity to reach over 80,000 upscale listeners every week.
WHRO Expanded Radio Coverage Includes:
- 89.5 WHRV FM, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfolk, VA Beach (NPR format)
- 90.3 WHRO FM, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfolk, VA Beach (Classical format)
- 88.5 WHRG FM, Gloucester Pt., Mathews, Williamsburg VA areas (NPR format)
- 89.9 WHRJ FM, Gloucester, Courthouse VA (Classical format)
- 91.9 WHRE FM, Eastville, VA (NPR format)
- 90.1 WHRX FM “The Shore” Nassawadox, VA (NPR format)
- 98.3 WHRF FM, “The Shore” Belle Haven, VA (Classical format)
- 88.1 WHRL FM, Emporia, VA (NPR Format)
- And now The 1920's Radio Network (90.3 - HD3) Big Band, Swing and Old Radio 1920s’ Network can now be heard locally on 99.3FM!
Our coverage area includes Southeastern Virginia, Eastern Shore of Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina.