Member List Policy
WHRO-TV, WHRO-FM, and WHRV-FM are services of WHRO Public Media, a subsidiary of Hampton Roads Educational Television Association. The following Membership List Policy governs WHRO's use of all its stations' member information.
Membership is an important source of support and WHRO's relationship with its members is the highest expression of our commitment to WHRO's mission to enhancing the lives of the citizens in the communities it serves by responding to their need to be engaged, educated, entertained and enlightened.
With due respect for our members' right of privacy, WHRO has established the following policy and practices for use of our membership list to ensure WHRO's active control in safeguarding against any unauthorized use.
Use of the Membership List by WHRO
WHRO regularly contacts its members to carry out WHRO's necessary and normal operations. These operations include mailings of such items as: membership publications, membership renewal notices, special requests for contributions, and information regarding member benefits. On a more occasional basis, WHRO also communicates with its members by phone or email to communicate with them regarding such matters as membership renewal and programming of special interest to their needs. All membership communications are conducted directly by WHRO or through an affiliated third party, such as a direct marketing firm, acting on behalf of WHRO and under our supervision. We may occasionally send members a mailing on behalf of another organization when we feel it may be of interest.
No Direct Use of the List by Other Organizations
WHRO does not sell, rent or exchange its membership list for any purpose. (This includes compliance with the Communications Act by not disclosing donor information to third parties and not renting donor information to, or exchanging such information with, political organizations and/or candidates (see 47 U.S.C. § 396(k)(12)).) WHRO's corporate officers are authorized and directed to take all steps which the Board deems reasonably necessary to assure that confidentiality is maintained for all member information entrusted to us.
Giveaway Rules & Regulations
Terms & Conditions for Giveaways valued under $500
“Giveaways” are promoted by WHRO Public Media (the “Promoter”), 5200 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23505. Products, gifts, and prizes are provided by various companies (“Sponsor”) and are specified on the promotion website.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants and prize recipients must be (i) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and (ii) have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside on the date of entry to be eligible. Void where prohibited by law.All employees of the Promoter and Sponsor, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Giveaway. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Giveaway constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules; if you do not accept them, you are not permitted to participate.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD: The Giveaway entry period begins at 9 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) the day of the post and ends as of 11:59 a.m. EDT on the date indicated in the post (the “Giveaway Period”). Winners will be selected from eligible entries properly submitted during the Giveaway Period.
3. GIVEAWAY ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: Fully complete and submit an Official Online Entry Form. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
All registrations must include entrant’s valid email address. The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We expressly reserve the right to disqualify any entries that we believe in good faith are generated by an automated program or via scripts. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Giveaway Rules.
4. USE OF ENTRIES: As a condition of entry into the Giveaway, entrant will be subscribed to WHRO’s weekly newsletter, with an option to unsubscribe at any time. WHRO does not share any information submitted as part of your entry with the Sponsor or any other third-party.
5. SELECTION OF GIVEAWAY WINNER: At the end of the Entry Period, there will be one (1) random drawing in which Prize Winner/Winners (the number of which will be specified in the post) shall be selected from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period by the Promoter, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Giveaway. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize Winner/Winners will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address submitted with his/her entry, within two (2) weeks after the drawing (“Prize Award Period”). If a Giveaway winner fails to respond to the prize notification within the specified ten (10) business days the winner will irrevocably forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Promoter may, in Promoter’s sole discretion, award the applicable Prize to an alternate potential Prize Winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Any return of Prize notification or prize e-mail as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any Prize and an alternate potential Prize Winner may, at Promoter’s discretion, be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
6. PRIZES: The number of Prize/prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each will be indicated in the Giveaway Post with a total ARV of no more than ($150.00) (USD) in the form of a product or gift from the Sponsor. The Prize will be sent from Sponsor directly to recipient. Prize/Prizes will not be replaced if lost or stolen, and is nontransferable. Prize/Prizes are not redeemable for cash and no substitutions are allowed. All taxes are the responsibility of the Prize Winner/Winners. By participating in the Giveaway, entrants waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental or indirect damages.
7. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Giveaway by mailing a standard-size postcard with your name, e-mail address, phone number, city and state to: WHRO Giveaways, Development Department, 5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23505. Postcard entries must be postmarked and received during the Giveaway Period to be included within the random drawing.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: An entrant or winner may be disqualified from the Giveaway if he or she fails to comply with each provision of these Official Giveaway Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Participation in the Giveaway is at entrant’s own risk. Sponsor shall not be liable for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the contest entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Giveaway, 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this Contest 6) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway.
9. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Upon acceptance of our rules and regulations, you are acknowledging that WHRO Public Media will not share any information submitted as part of your entry (this includes biographical as well as any post/comment/other content provided) with the Sponsor.
10. RULES/WINNERS’ LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: WHRO Giveaways, Membership Department, 5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23505. Requests for notification of winner must be received no later than three months after the end of the Giveaway Period.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Entrants and winner agree that the Giveaway Entities shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participating in this Giveaway or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded, including any future use of any winning entries. Sponsor reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner.
Stock Gifts and IRA Transfers
Making a gift of stock to WHRO can be as easy as picking up the phone and placing one call to your broker and one to WHRO. Please instruct your broker to transfer the stock electronically to our account with UBS.
WHRO STOCK TRANSFER INFORMATION
Hampton Roads Educational Telecommunications Association, Inc.
Acct # VN42949
One Commercial Place
Norfolk, VA 23510
Contact: RaeAnna Casady 757.624.2579
Ella Bourne 757. 624.3431
Broker: Nora Barnes 757.624.3434
WHRO’s tax identification number is 54-0843118.
IRA TRANSFER/DIRECT DEPOSIT INFORMATION:
Bank – Wells Fargo
Account name - Operating Account
Acct # - 2079116611066
Routing # - 121000248
If you have questions, please contact:
Major and Planned Gifts Officer
PH: 757-889-9477 | Fax: 757-489-0007
5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23508
Thank you for your interest in WHRO. We're sorry that you cannot support us at this time. If you'd like to be entered into the drawing without supporting WHRO, please fill out the form below.