Over the years, many thoughtful members like you have decided that securing WHRO’s future is so important that they have included the organization in their estate plans. Planned gifts, such as bequests, trusts, life insurance, and other deferred contributions, will ensure that WHRO provides outstanding programming and educational services for generations to come.
We ask you to consider such an important and long-lasting gift. It will truly be one of the best possible investments you can make in the future of your community.
If you are considering making a charitable gift to WHRO or would like more information on how to do so, please fill out the form below.
If you have questions, please contact:
Major and Planned Gifts Officer
PH: 757-889-9477 | Fax: 757-489-0007
5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23508
For Your Attorney
What your Attorney or Estate Planner needs to prepare your bequest
WHRO’s legal name is Hampton Roads Educational Telecommunications Association, Inc. WHRO is located at 5200 Hampton Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23508 and is a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. WHRO’s tax identification number is 54-0843118.
You may specify that your gift be used for the general purposes of the organization, which provides WHRO with the most flexibility. Simply have you attorney insert the following language in addition to the language listed above: “to foster and promote the growth, progress, and general welfare of WHRO as the Board of Directors may direct.” If you wish to further direct your bequest, please contact Dory Morrison, Major and Planned Gifts Officer, at (757) 889-9477.
Gifts to WHRO are tax deductible. An attorney familiar with local probate practice should draft your will, trust, or other bequest document. WHRO cannot prepare your bequest documents nor act as executor of your estate.
Thank you for leaving a legacy that will have a lasting impact on your community.
Many of our members feel so strongly about the future of WHRO that they’ve included the station in their will, trust, life insurance, retirement, or other estate plan. We’re honored to include these generous members in the WHRO Legacy Society.
Bill and Happy Anderson
Vern and Nancy Barham
Dr. Rebecca E. Barchas and John Gehrs
James P. Barton, Ph.D. and
Mary M. Cottrell, Ph.D.
Carter G. Bernert
Ed and Linda Bradley
Regina and Samuel Brayboy
Lynn Cobb and Warren Richard
Mr. and Mrs. I.V. Cohen
Arthur L. and Paula C. Collins
Mr. Lorenz Connelly, Jr.
Joe and Janet Covington
Cynthia Cutler and Craig Haines
Ann and Gale Day
Dr. Carl R. Dolmetsch
Billie Paxton Einselen
Dr. David Fitch
Ms. Vivian F. Forman
Dr. and Mrs. Harry M. Frieden
Stanley and Jeri Furman
Priscilla L. Guthrie
John and Lynn Heimerl
Joe and Berna Heyman
Harry Jackson, Jr.
Mr. and Mrs. Joel Jason
Kirkland Molloy Kelley
David M. Kennedy, Jr.
Barbara A. Kerr
Edward and Anne Kramer
Rosalind Vera Leitman
Ernest and Etta Lendman
Dr. Ed and Linda Lilly
Robert and Jean Major
Mrs. Anne L. McRae
Carole A. Meola
Dawson and Peggy Mills
Tom and Alice Mountjoy
Edward and Gayle Nichols
Susan and Johnny Norman
Dr. James Nottingham
Alex and Libbey Oliver
Rev. and Mrs. Clifford Olsen
Robert Ramsdell and George Moore
Mr. Henry L. Rankin
Alan M. Rohanna
Dr. Robert M. Rubin
Mr. and Mrs. Robert C. Schaefer, Jr.
Gary and Barbara Schechter
Steven and Ruina Senkovich
Carol W. Sherman
Dr. William "Si" Simonson
Samuel G. Strickland
Dr. Keith Sutton and Dr. Gail Beyer
Bill and Anne Tew
Dr. Elaine M. Themo
Lou and Annette Vosteen
Sam and Jane Webster
Marsha Lynn Wilkins
Kate and Steve Zacks
Official Sweepstakes Rules
WHRO Point, Click and Contribute Sweepstakes
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
1. Sponsor: WHRO Public Media, 5200 Hampton Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23508.
2. Eligibility: The “WHRO Point, Click and Contribute Sweepstakes” ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Employees, officers, directors, trustees and agents of Sponsor, the Public Broadcasting Service (“PBS”), PBS member stations, National Public Radio (“NPR”), NPR member stations, American Public Radio, American Public Media, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, supplying prizes (or any component of any prize), and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. Random Drawing: One (1) potential Prize Winner will be selected on or about January 5, 2016 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
5. Prizes and Odds: One (1) Prize Winner will receive an Samsung HT-F6500W 5.1 Channel 1000-Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System and Samsung UN50J5200 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification: The potential Prize Winner will be notified within 15 days of the random drawing by e-mail or telephone (or such other method as determined by Sponsor based on contact information provided in entering the Sweepstakes). If Sponsor notifies a potential Prize Winner via e-mail, failure to respond to the initial notification e-mail within three (3) business days after transmission to the potential Prize Winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If Sponsor notifies a potential winner via telephone, failure to respond within three (3) business days will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. The potential Prize Winner will be required to complete, sign and return, within five (5) business days of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release, where allowed by law. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the prize may be forfeited and the potential prize winner may be disqualified. If the potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Prize Winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prize Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on Sponsor’s website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
7. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, PBS, PBS member stations, National Public Radio (“NPR”), NPR member stations, American Public Radio, American Public Media, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, any entity responsible for the administration of this promotion, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation, any travel related to acceptance and use of any prize), and/or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize(s) or component thereof. By accepting a prize, each Prize Winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes are subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRECEDING EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTIES ON SPONSOR’S PRODUCTS; SUCH WARRANTIES BEING LIMITED BY THEIR STATED TERMS/CONDITIONS. FORCE MAJEURE: THE FAILURE OF SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DUE TO AN ACT OF GOD, HURRICANE, WAR, FIRE, RIOT, EARTHQUAKE, TERRORISM, ACT OF PUBLIC ENEMIES, ACTIONS OF GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF EITHER SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR (EXCEPTING COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE CODES AND REGULATIONS) OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
8. Disputes/Choice Of Law/Construction: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Virginia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of Norfolk. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Winners List: For the names of the Prize Winner(s), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WHRO PCC Winners, c/o Development Department, 5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23508. All such requests must be received within 30 days of the end of Promotional Period. Offer limited to U.S. residents only.
- WHRV FM Coverage Map [PDF]
- WHRO FM Coverage Map [PDF]
- NPR Public Radio Audience Profile [PDF]
- Public Radio AAA Audience Profile [PDF]
- NPR News Audience Profile [PDF]
- NPR Classical Audience Profile [PDF]
- Public Radio Jazz Audience Profile [PDF]
- NPR Profile 2015 [PDF]
- This is NPR: A Proven Halo Effect for Sponsors [PDF]
- Value of the NPR Audience [PDF]
- NPR Cross Platform Audience Profiles [PDF]
- NPR: A Tradition of Excellence Brochure [PDF]
- Today's PBS [PDF]
- Coverage Map [PDF]
- PBS Audience Attitudes & Behaviors
- PBS Fact Sheet
- PBS TV Audience Insights [PDF]
- PBS Audience Brochure [PDF]
- PBS Kids Reaches Moms [PDF]
- PBS Trust Brochure
- PBS Kids Trust Brochure [PDF]
- Value PBS Brochure [PDF]
- PBS Explorers Brochure [PDF]