- What is the main telephone number for WHRO?
The general information number for our Norfolk office is 757-889-9400.
- What is the mailing address for WHRO?
The mailing address for our main office in Norfolk is 5200 Hampton Blvd, Norfolk, VA 23508. The mailing address for our Williamsburg location is 1408 Richmond Rd, Williamsburg, VA 23185.
- How do I contact the station?
- I am interested in employment or internship opportunities at WHRO. Where can I find more information?
To see our current employment and contractor openings, click here. To learn more about our internship opportunities and openings, click here.
- I am interested in being a volunteer at WHRO. Who do I contact?
- Where is my hard copy of Dimensions?
Dimensions member guides are mailed approximately 10 days before the guides’ effective month. If you have not received your guide by the third day of the month, please call 757-889-9360.
- I received an email with the digital version of Dimensions. Will I still receive a hard copy in the mail?
Yes, you will receive both a digital and print copy of Dimensions every month unless you have reached out to us to request otherwise.
- Why is the TV schedule in Dimensions sometimes wrong?
The print deadline for Dimensions is approximately four weeks before they are mailed. Occasionally, we have to make a schedule change after the print deadline has passed because of PBS network changes, breaking news, technical problems, etc. We only make changes when absolutely necessary, and most changes will be reflected on our website’s schedule.
Membership and Giving
- How can I update my mailing address, phone number, or payment information?
These changes can be made by calling 757-889-9409 or by making the changes in your myWHRO membership account on our website. To sign up for a myWHRO membership account, click here.
- How can I increase the amount of my sustaining gift?
To increase the amount of your sustaining gift, you can call 757-889-9409 or update the information on your myWHRO account. To sign up for a myWHRO membership account, click here.
- How do I make a gift to WHRO?
To make a tax-deductible donation, click here. For information on other ways to give such as legacy gifts, matching gifts, memorial gifts, and more, click here.
- How do I donate my vehicle to WHRO?
To learn more about our vehicle donation program and to read frequently asked questions, click here. If you are ready to begin the process of donating your vehicle, simply fill out the form on that webpage or call a donor support representative at 877-227-9476.
Passport and Streaming
- I am interested in donating to WHRO to obtain access to Passport. Is there a required minimum donation amount?
To access our Passport member benefit, PBS requires a minimum donation of $60 per year (or $5 per month).
- I am a current member of WHRO but have never used Passport. How do I start using Passport?
To access Passport, you will first need to create a PBS account if you do not already have one. To do so, click here and select “Sign in with PBS.” There you will see an option to create a PBS account. Please create your PBS account with the email address that is associated with your WHRO membership (if you provided one to us when you made your gift). Once you have created a PBS account, return here and sign in using your new log-in information. After logging in, click the blue “Activate Now” button. A WHRO Passport email will automatically be sent to you that contains your activation link. From your email, click the gray “Activate Now” button. You will then be redirected to a webpage that says, “Success! Your Passport account has been activated.” Click “Get Started” and enjoy everything that Passport has to offer!
- I activated my Passport account, but I still cannot sign on.
Call 757-889-9419 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST for assistance from our member services specialist. Alternatively, PBS technical support is available at 844-285-9476 or online here. They are available Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST.
- I cannot remember what email address and password I used when I first signed up for Passport.
If you cannot remember how you first signed in, call our member services specialist at 757-889-9419.
- How do I change my email address for Passport?
- I am trying to access Passport but the log-in portal says I have a duplicate account. What do I do?
- Where can I find your Passport program library?
To view the full selection of Passport programs available to our members, click here.
- I have a question about Passport that is not listed above.
For more information, visit our webpage for frequently asked questions about Passport here.
Thank You Gifts
- When will I receive my thank you gift(s)?
The delivery timeline for all WHRO thank you gifts is approximately six to eight weeks. For the majority of our gifts, we will send you an email with tracking information once your gift has shipped. Occasionally, select thank you gifts are on back-order. We will notify you via email if that is the case with your gift. (If we do not have an email address for you on file, we will send you a post card.)
- What if I have a problem with my thank you gift when it arrives?
TV and Radio Programming
- Where can I find the program schedule(s) for TV and radio?
Links to program schedules for each of our TV channels and radio stations can be found here.
- Where can I find the name of a song or piece I heard on the radio?
You can find the name of a song or piece your heard on the radio by clicking here. Selecting the program you were listening to will bring up the most recent playlist for you to review. For older broadcasts, click the “view show archive” button and then select the appropriate date. Program podcasts are also available in our media player.
- How can I make a recommendation for programming?
To make content proposals and program submissions, click here to read our guidelines and fill out our online application.
- How do I access your TV and radio live streams?
Quick links to our primary TV and radio live streams can be found at the top of our home page. A complete list of our live stream channels for both TV and radio can be found here. Alternatively, you can enjoy live streaming on the WHRO media app. The app can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store or from Google Play.