Antiques Road Show Experience 2018 Giveaway
To enter this Giveaway, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor: WHRO Public Media, 5200 Hampton Boulevard, Norfolk, VA 23508.
2. Eligibility: The Antiques Road Show Experience 2018 Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Employees, officers, directors, trustees and agents of Sponsor, the Public Broadcasting Service (“PBS”), PBS member stations, National Public Radio (“NPR”), NPR member stations, American Public Radio, American Public Media, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Giveaway performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Giveaway, supplying prizes (or any component of any prize), and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Giveaway and award any prize(s) by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of the Giveaway will be posted on Sponsor’s website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Giveaway. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Giveaway and/or prevent others from participating in the Giveaway. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. Random Drawing: One (1) potential Prize Winner will be selected on or about September 1, 2017 in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. All drawings will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Giveaway.
5. Prize and Odds: One (1) Prize Winner will receive a VIP experience, which includes two tickets to one of the ANTIQUES ROADSHOW tour event locations in 2018, two round trip tickets and hotel accommodations for two nights. This certificate will not be honored on major holiday weekends including Valentine’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s. This certificate must be presented at registration. Alcohol and gratuities not included. Please note that space is on an availability basis, per the Hotel’s determination. We regret that we are unable to reissue this certificate if it is lost. No extensions will be granted for the expiration date. No substitutions for the above services will be granted and the gift certificate has no cash value. This certificate is non-transferable. Total value is estimated at $1,500. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prize Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prize Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance: The potential Prize Winner will be notified within 15 days of the random drawing by e-mail or telephone (or such other method as determined by Sponsor based on contact information provided in entering the Giveaway). If Sponsor notifies a potential Prize Winner via e-mail, failure to respond to the initial notification e-mail within three (3) business days after transmission to the potential Prize Winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts may result in disqualification and the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If Sponsor notifies a potential winner via telephone, failure to respond within three (3) business days may result in disqualification and the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. The potential Prize Winner may be required to complete, sign and return, within five (5) business days of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release, where allowed by law. Persons traveling as guest(s) of the Prize Winner may also be required to sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. Failure to timely sign and return an affidavit or release may result in disqualification and the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. If a potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, the prize may be forfeited and the potential Prize Winner may be disqualified. If the potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Prize Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by Prize Winner.
7. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of any winner(s), the interpretation of these Official Rules and all other aspects of the Giveway shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Giveway. By participating in this Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, PBS, PBS member stations, National Public Radio (“NPR”), NPR member stations, American Public Radio, American Public Media, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, any entity responsible for the administration of this promotion, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity (including without limitation, any travel related to acceptance and use of any prize), and/or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any prize(s) or component thereof. By accepting a prize, each Prize Winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Giveaway is subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PRECEDING EXCLUDES ANY EXPRESS OR LEGALLY REQUIRED WARRANTIES ON SPONSOR’S PRODUCTS; SUCH WARRANTIES BEING LIMITED BY THEIR STATED TERMS/CONDITIONS. FORCE MAJEURE: THE FAILURE OF SPONSOR TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES DUE TO AN ACT OF GOD, HURRICANE, WAR, FIRE, RIOT, EARTHQUAKE, TERRORISM, ACT OF PUBLIC ENEMIES, ACTIONS OF GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES OUTSIDE OF THE CONTROL OF EITHER SPONSOR (EXCEPTING COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE CODES AND REGULATIONS) OR OTHER FORCE MAJEURE EVENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
8. Disputes/Choice Of Law/Construction: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway but in no event attorneys’ fees; (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (d) each entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Virginia or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of Norfolk. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any defense of inconvenient forum. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Winners List: For the names of the Prize Winner(s), mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WHRO Giveaway Winners, c/o Development Department, 5200 Hampton Blvd., Norfolk, VA 23508. All such requests must be received within 30 days of the end of Promotional Period. Offer limited to U.S. residents only.